Sunday 5 February 2012

Snow day Sunday in the park

Snow is my second most favourite weekend weather, it will never beat those rare hot summer’s days, but it has the power to transform a city into a winter wonderland and make most of us Brits smile. 
Primrose Hill

As this weekend was the first snowfall of the winter I was pretty excited to get out for a nice long stroll.  One of the great things about London is its parks, for such a big city there are a surprising number of green spaces within easy reach.  I decided to venture out to Primrose Hill which is quite small park, well known for its view of the city and wealthy local residents. It was certainly a hot spot for sledges today and I was pretty tempted to ask someone for a go, but being on my own I thought better than releasing the inner child.

Regent's canal
I continued my stroll in the nearby Regent’s Park which I found much more enjoyable, peaceful and picturesque. One tip, DO NOT wear wellies for a long snowy walk, after a few hours I started to lose the feeling in my toes.
If you do want to stop for a hot drink and thaw out I would recommend Cachao Toy Cafe, quite cosy, nice food and always seems to attract a well-known face. 

For more photos visit my Flickr page, I got pretty camera happy thanks to yesterday’s visit to the Wildlife Photographer of the year exhibition!



No comments:

Post a Comment