Saturday 21 January 2012

Sweet tooth satisfaction at The Tea Rooms

I have a confession... I've lived in Finsbury Park for a year and I've never paid a visit to our close neighbour Stoke Newington.

I knew it was a crime when I was looking for a nearby cafe to visit to satisfy my sweet tooth and coffee cravings and came across The Tea Rooms on Stoke Newington Church Street. I was intrigued by their website which has a vintage feel that’s right up my street and when I arrived it didn't disappoint.

It's a traditional tea room with that shabby chic modern twist. The vintage china is different on every table and a selection is even available to purchase, along with other baking tools and books. They do a variety of cakes (and savouries if sugar's not your thing) all of which looked pretty tempting. They also offer afternoon tea if you fancy a more intense sugar high. I went for the carrot cake and a cappuccino which went down well, especially after my hard work at the gym!


It's a great place for meeting up with friends, treating your girlfriend or just a nice spot to enjoy a good read for a while. There are a few independent little shops nearby so there's enough to make a visit into an afternoon wander. And if you're feeling guilty of indulgence you can walk off your sugary sins at the nearby Clissold Park.

I think there'll definitely be a return visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment